We want to hear your "Horror Stories."
"It's not having the perfect dress or the perfect flowers,
or the perfect colors. It's marrying the perfect person that really matters."
-- Angelica Dourox
One thing you can plan on is that everything won't go as planned. There will be "glitches." Don't let them spoil your day. Chances are that you are the only one who notices, so - forget about it. It will give you something to laugh about in the years to come. Focus on the fact that you are marrying the love of your life and your family and friends are there to celebrate with you.
Tell us what went wrong? Here are some of ours:
- I went to a wedding where the groom's tuxedo pants were 3" too short! It was too late to do anything about it so he just dealt with it. Everyone was horrified at the time but it didn't show in the photos, so now they just all laugh about it.
- The officiator for my daughter's ring ceremony had a heart attack the night before the wedding so we had to call around to find a replacement at the very last minute.
- We booked our wedding venue before we made out our guest list. BIG mistake! By the time we got around to finalizing our guest list, we realized our venue couldn't handle the amount of guests that were coming and we weren't able to book our first, second, or even third choice larger venue. We should have made up the guest list FIRST then booked the venue ASAP.
- I ran myself ragged trying to make my wedding "unique." I should have picked just a few of the most important things and focused my time, energy (and budget) on those. Whatever you do, DON'T try to do the last minute things (like tying ribbons on your 200 favors) yourself.
- I'm the mother of the bride and I was really exicted to act as my daughter's wedding coordinator. It was great fun - However, I missed the whole reception! I was so busy running around answering questions and tracking things down that I missed the first dance, the cutting of the cake, the bridal toss. The only thing I was there for was waving good-bye as she drove off. I cried for days after. With my second daughter, I did all the "before" planning - but I hired a wedding planner for "the day of" - It worked out great.